Recipe: Chocolate Chip Rum Cake
- 1 Yellow cake mix……MUST be Duncan Hines
- 1 small box instant chocolate pudding
- 4 eggs 1 Cup oil
- 1 Cup sour cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 4 Tablespoons rum
- 1 Cup REAL chocolate chips.
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 tsp. water
- 1 Tablespoon oil or butter
- 1 Tablespoon white Karo syrup
- Mix all ingredients together….except for the chocolate chips. Fold those in last. Pour into a bundt pan and bake 350 degrees for 50 minutes.
- This is depending on your oven…you have to watch it so it doesn’t burn on top and not be done in the middle.
- I sometimes bake a little cooler oven for a little longer…..it has to be totally done in center or it will ‘sag’. Dump out onto a plate…and…dust with powdered sugar..or..I use a glaze and drizzle over it.
- Stir over low heat and add 1 Cup powdered sugar and stir over the heat till it is all smooth.
- Drizzle over the cake.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)