Recipe: Cocoa Creme Frosting
- 1/3 to 1/2 Dutch cocoa
- 4 1/2 to 5 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 4 to 6 tbsp whole milk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 tsp almond extract
- Beat all the ingredients on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- You can use regular cocoa but the flavor will not be as pronounced. Use the lesser amount if you prefer a milder cocoa taste.
- Start with 4 1/2 cups. If more is need to make a spreading consistency, then you may add more powdered sugar.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)