Recipe: Mashed Potatoes Or Yams
- 6 baking potatoes or Yams
- 1/2 onion or 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup water or rice milk
- Bake potatoes in a covered dish for 1 hour at 350o F.
- While hot, place potatoes (whole with skins) in a large bowl, mash with a masher and add the above ingredients.
- Continue mashing until somewhat smooth.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)