Recipe: Microwave Pecan Fudge
- 1 1/2 sticks of butter or margarine
- 3 cups of sugar
- 2/3 cup of evaporated milk
- 1 – 12oz. package of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 – 7oz. jar of marshmallow creme
- 1 cup of chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- Lightly grease a 13” X 9” pan. Microwave the butter or margarine in A 4-quart microwave safe bowl on HIGH for one minute or until the butter is melted. Add the sugar and milk and mix well.
- Microwave the mixture on HIGH for 5 minutes or until mixture starts to boil, stirring after 3 minutes. Remove from the microwave and mix well scraping the bowl. Microwave on HIGH for 5 1/2 minutes, stirring after 3 minutes. Gradually stir in the chocolate chips until melted.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour into prepared pan and cool at room temperature.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)