Recipe: Peanut Fudge
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of roasted peanuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Mix the sugar, milk, and butter together in a sauce pan. Bring the mixture to a boil and boil, stirring constantly until it reaches 234 degrees F. or when a small amount dropped into a glass of cool water form a soft ball.
- Remove from the heat and let the mixture cool off, and add the vanilla extract beating until the mixture is creamy.
- Spread the mixture into a buttered pan and sprinkle with the chopped peanuts. When the fudge has cooled completely, and cut in squares.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)