Recipe: Sugared Asparagus
- 3 tb Butter -=OR=- 3 tb Margarine
- 2 tb Brown sugar
- 2 lb Fresh asparagus,-cut into 2″ pieces – (about 4 cups)
- 1 c Chicken broth
- By using the brown sugar substitute with this would make a nice side dish for the “sweet ones” In a skillet over medium-high, heat butter and brown sugar is dissolved.
- Add asparagus; saute for 2 minutes. Stir in chicken broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender. Remove asparagus to a serving dish and keep warm.
- Cook sauce, uncovered, until reduced by half. Pour over asparagus and serve immediately.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)