Recipe: Tangerines With Honey-Lime Syrup
- 3 Limes
- 3 c Water
- 1 c Sugar
- 12 Tangerines, may substitute
- -Clementines or Oranges 6 T Rum, dark
- 3 T Honey
- Julienned Lime zest for gar -nish Using vegetable peeler, cut lime zest (colored part of peel) from limes. Combine with the water and sugar in small saucepan. Heat to boiling, then boil 10 minutes.
- Remove syrup from heat. Cut peel and white pith from tangerines. Place tangerines in shallow serving bowl. Squeeze juice from limes and mix with rum and honey. Pour into lime syrup and stir to blend.
- Pour syrup over tangerines. Refrigerate covered, turning tangerines occasionally, at least 8 hours. To serve, remove strips of lime zest and garnish with julienned lime zest
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: snack
Culinary tradition: USA (General)