Recipe: Thai Salsa
- 2 md Cucumbers
- 1 ts Salt
- 1/4 c Basil, fresh leaves chopped
- OR 2 tb dried 3 tb Peanuts, dry roasted
- 1 Jalapeno pepper, fresh
- 2 tb Vinegar, white
- 2 tb Honey
- 2 tb Sesame oil
- Peel, seed and coarsely chop cucumbers. Combine the cucumber and salt and let sit for 30 mins, then drain.
- Remove seeds and membrane from jalapeno pepper, chop. Peanuts can be coarsely chopped or left whole. Combine cucumber with the remaining ingredients, chill until ready to serve.
- This salsa can be stored tightly covered in refrigerator for 3 – 5 days. Makes about 2 cups From Wash.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: snack
Culinary tradition: Thai