Recipe: Tiny Pecan Pies
- 3/4 stick of margarine or butter
- 3 oz. of cream cheese
- 1 cup of flour
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of margarine or butte r
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/2 cup of chopped pecans
- Cream the 3/4 stick of margarine or butter and the cream cheese with a mixer then add the flour. Place a small ball (approximately 1/2 teaspoon) of the dough into mini muffin cups.
- Press the doug h against the bottom and sides of the cups to make mini pastry shells. Combine the brown sugar, 2 tablespoons of butter or marg arine (melted), the egg, and the vanilla, add the pecan pieces.
- Put the filling into each pastry shell and bake for 25 to 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
Number of servings (yield): 6
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)