Recipe: Walnut Rosemary Quinoa
- 1 tablespoon oil, sesame
- 1 each onion, small
- 1 1/4 cup quinoa, thoroughly rinsed
- 1 each bell pepper, red, small, diced
- 3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, fresh or 1/2 ts dried
- 1 cup peas, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat oil in a saucepan and add onion and quinoa. Saute over medium heat, stirring constantly for 3 minutes. Add red bell pepper and saute an additional 2 minutes.
- Add water, soy sauce and rosemary. (If using fresh peas, add them now.) Bring contents to a boil; cover and simmer 15 minutes. Meanwhile, roast walnuts in 350 degree oven for 5 minutes.
- When quinoa is cooked, turn off heat and mix in walnuts and frozen peas. Let set an additional 10 minutes and serve.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: Mexican