Recipe: Cheesecake Cups
- 6 vanilla wafers
- 1-8 ounce package cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- Optional: 6 ripe strawberries
- Preheat oven to 325ºF. Line 6 muffin pan cups with fluted ALUMINUM foil cupcake liners. Place one vanilla wafer in each cup. In a small bowl, using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth and fluffy. Beat in egg until well mixed.
- Divide the cream cheese mixture equally among the lined cups. Bake until they are just set, about 25 minutes. Refrigerate at least 15 minutes or until ready to serve. If you want slice the strawberries in thin cuts from the bottom to just barely the stem. Fan out and place on top.
Number of servings (yield): 2
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (Traditional)