Recipe: Easy Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- 1 can (1-lb 16-oz) can of sliced pineapple (drain and reserve pineapple juice. )
- 1/2 cup of butter or margarine
- 1 cup of firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of pecan halves
- 1/3 cup of coconut (optional)
- 1 pkg. of yellow cake mix
- Maraschino Cherries (small jar)
- In 350 oven, melt butter in 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Remove and sprinkle with brown sugar, nuts, coconut and cherries. Top with pineapples. Add enough water to pineapple juice to measure to specified on cake box.
- Prepare as package directs. Spread over fruit. Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes. Cool 5 minutes. turn onto serving plate.
Number of servings (yield): 2
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)