Recipe: Marinated Asparagus
- 1 1/2 lb Asparagus; fresh
- 10 oz (1 pkg) frozen asparagus;
- 1 ts Orange peel; finely shredded
- 1/4 c Orange juice;
- 1/4 c Vegetable oil;
- 2 ts Lemon juice;
- 1 ts Salt;
- ds Of cayenne pepper; Place steamer basket in 1/2″ water in saucepan or skillet (water should not touch bottom of basket.
- Place asparagus spears in basket. Cover tightly and heat to boiling; reduce heat. Steam until crisp-tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Immediately rinse under running cold water; drain. Shake remaining ingredients in tightly covered container; pour over asparagurs.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours, turning asparagaus occasionally; drain. Garnish with orange slices if desired. 4 servings (about 5 spears)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: brunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)