Recipe: Mashed Winter Squash
- 1 3/4 lb Winter squash;
- 1/2 ts Vegetable oil;
- 1 1/2 tb Margarine; cut into pieces;
- Ground cinnamon for garnish -(optional) Preheat oven to 350 degrees Cut each squash into lengthwise quarter; scoop out seeds and discard.
- Score yellow meaty part of each quarter with a knife. Brush bottom of a shallow baking pan with the vegetable oil.
- Place squash pieces in pan with remove skin from squash and put squash pulp into a bowl; beat until fluffy; add margarine and beat it in well.
- If desired, garnish with sprinkle of cinnamon.
Number of servings (yield): 1
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)