Recipe: Noodles W/Poppy Seed And Raisins
- 6 c Water, boiling
- 1 ts Salt
- 3 c Egg noodles
- 2 tb Butter, melted
- 12 oz Poppy seed cake and pastry -filling
- 1 ts Vanilla extract
- 1 ts Lemon juice
- 1 1/2 ts Lemon peel, grated
- 1/3 c Raisins
- Combine boiling water and salt in a large saucepan. Add noodles and cook until tender, then drain and cool.
- Toss noodles with butter in the saucepan.
- Combine poppy-seed filling with vanilla extract, lemon juice and lemon peel, and raisins. Add to noodles and mix well. Cook just until heated through.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)