Recipe: Nyala’s Trifle
- 1 Sara Lee’s pound cake — thawed and sliced
- 2 large instant vanilla pudding mix
- 9 bananas
- 2 packages frozen strawberries — (12 oz.) thawed
- 3 medium containers Cool Whip — or 1 1/2 large
- 1 package slivered almonds — toasted
- Prepare pudding as directed on box. Divide ingredients in three equal parts, except almonds.
- Layer cake, pudding, bananas, strawberries and Cool Whip in large trifle or glass bowl. Top with almonds. Cover and keep refrigerated.
- This is my family’s favorite dessert. It is so quick and easy to make!
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)