Recipe: Orange-Miso Butternut Squash
- 2 c Butter nut Squash, peeled -and coarsely diced
- 1 c Carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 c Onions, coarsely chopped
- 2/3 c Orange juice
- 1 1/2 T Miso,
- -Broth as needed Dissolve miso in orange juice and set aside. Cook butter nut squash in water until it just looses its firmness and drain.
- Meanwhile saute, in a large skillet, the carrots and onions in broth until onions are just translucent and the carrots are crisp tender. Add the squash and orange juice mixture to the carrots and onions.
- Continue cooking until the squash has the desired texture and the moisture has boiled off. This recipe is my adaption of one from Friendly Foods by Ron Picarski.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)