Recipe: Parchment-Wrapped Potato Parcels
- 6 oz Lean cooked ham – (thinly sliced)
- 2/3 lb (2 medium) potatoes – cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 1 sm Zucchini – cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 sm Crookneck squash- cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 sm Red bell pepper – cut into 1-inch squares
- 2 tb Lemon juice
- 1 ts Dried basil
- 1/4 ts Red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper; to taste
- Cut two 15-inch squares kitchen parchment
- For each packet: Place half the ham on center of parchment square. Top ham with half the potato slices, overlapping, then top with half the remaining vegetables. Sprinkle with half the remaining ingredients.
- Fold two sides of the parchment over the ham and vegetables in letter fashion. Grasp the two shorter open ends and pull up to meet. Fold down the open ends twice to seal.
- Repeat for second packet. Place in single layer in shallow microwave-safe dish. Microwave on HIGH 7 minutes. Rotate packets half turn; microwave on HIGH 7 more minutes.
- Let stand 3 minutes; open one packet and check to be sure potatoes are tender. If potatoes are not cooked through, rewrap and microwave on HIGH a little longer.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)