Recipe: Pinapple Squash
- 2 md Acorn squash; (2 lbs) -4 1/2 diameter
- 8 oz (1 can) pinapple;unsweetened -crushed with juice
- 2 ts Margarine;
- 1/2 ts Ground cinnamon;
- Hot water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cut each squash in half; scoop out and discard seeds and pulp.
- Trim tip off bottom if necessary so that each squash cup stands up straight. Fill each squash cup with 1/4 c pineapple 1/4 teaspoon margarine, and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Put squash into a flat baking dish and pour hot water around bottoms of squash to the depth of 1/2 inch. Cover pan tightly with foil. Bake 1 hour or until squash is tender and can be easily pierced with a fork.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: cocktail
Culinary tradition: USA (General)