Recipe: Rolled Lemon Cookies
- 1 oz. (3 level T.) baking ammonia
- 1 pint milk
- 2-1/2 c. Crisco
- 3 c. granulated sugar
- 2 oz. lemon oil or 4 (1 dram bottles)
- 2 egg whites beaten until stiff
- Approximately 9 c. sifted flour
- Dissolve ammonia in milk. Cream Crisco with sugar; add lemon oil, and egg whites, then fold in sugar mixture.
- Add flour enough to stiffen batter. Roll l/4″ thick. Prick cookies with fork before baking. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 15 minutes in 350 degree oven.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)