Recipe: Rutabaga Puree
- 1 Rutabaga about (1 lb) OR;
- 1 lb Turnips;
- 1 md Size orange sweet potato;
- 1/4 ts Red (cayenne) pepper;
- 1/2 c Non-fat dry milk powder;
- 3 tb Fresh parsley; chopped
- Peel and dice rutabaga and sweet potato; place in a saucepan. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Cover ans simmer, until tender.
- Drain, reserving in little of water. Place vegetables in a blender or food processor fitted with the metal blade and process to a puree.
- Add cayenne, nutmeg and dry milk; process to blend. Rewarm in saucepan w some of reserved water if necessary. Garnish with parsley and serve
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)