Recipe: Shiitake Mushroom And Potato Galette
- 2 tb Unsalted butter
- 3/4 lb Fresh shiitake mushrooms — stemmed and sliced
- 1/3 c Freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 tb Chopped fresh basil -OR- 1 ts -Dried basil, crumbled
- 2 lg Russet potatoes; peeled
- Salt Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheet with buttered foil. Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and saute until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add Parmesan and basil. Arrange half of potato slices in solid 9-inch round on buttered foil, overlapping slices. Cover with mushroom mixture, pressing flat as possible. Season with salt and pepper.
- Top with another layer of potato slices. Cover with buttered foil and another cookie sheet. Place brick atop cookie sheet. Bake until potatoes are tender, about 1 hour 10 minutes. Cool, leaving brick and cookie sheet in place.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)