Recipe: Stir-Fried Asparagus With Mushrooms
- 1/2 lb Asaparagus
- 1 ea Vegetable bouillon cube
- 1 tb Cornstarch
- 4 tb Vegetable oil
- 1 tb Garlic, chopped
- 6 ea Fresh shiitake mushrooms– stems removed & sliced
- 2 ea Green onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 tb Vegetarian oyster sauce
- Pepper Clean the asparagus & trim. Parboil for 2 to 3 minutes. Dissolve the bouillon cube in 1/2 c water then add the cornstarch & stir to dissolve.
- Heat the oil in a wok over medium-high heat almost to the smoking point. Add the garlic & brown it. Add the asparagus, mushrooms & onions all at once. Immediately add the oyster sauce & dissolved bouillon cube.
- Stir-fry for 3 minutes. Turn into a serving dish & garnish with pepper.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)