Recipe: Toasted Almond Cheesecake Pie
- 1 Ready Crust Shortbread pie crust (6 oz)
- 1-1/4 cups cold milk
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 2 pkg. (4 serving size) cheesecake flavor instant pudding & pie filling
- 1 tub (8 oz) frozen non-dairy whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted , divided
- Beat milk, almond extract, pudding mixes and 1/2 of the whipped topping in medium bowl with wire whisk 1 minute (mixture will be thick). Sprinkle 1/4 cup of the almonds onto bottom of crust. Spread pudding mixture over almonds in crust. Spread remaining whipped topping over pudding in crust. Garnish with remaining almonds. Enjoy immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Spread out almonds evenly on a baking sheet. Place into a 375 degree oven for 3 to 5 minutes or until almonds are well toasted. Caution: do these in a toaster oven for 5 minutes and burn them completely.
Number of servings (yield): 2
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)