Recipe: Two Peas With Turmeric And Mint
- 1/2 lb Snap peas
- 2 ts Margarine
- 1 ea Cl Garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tb Lemon juice
- 1/8 ts Salt
- 1/3 lb Snow peas
- 1 ts Olive oil
- 1/4 ts Tumeric
- 1 tb Mint, fresh, finely chopped
- 1 x Black pepper to taste
- Bring a medium pan of water to the boil. Snap the ends off the snap and snow peas.
- Add the snap peas to the boiling water and time 30 seconds; add the snow peas and time 1 minute. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking completely. Pat dry with paper towels. In a medium skillet heat the margarine and olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and saute 1 minute. Add the turmeric and lemon juice; swirl to incorporate. Add the peas, mint, salt and pepper. Stir for about 2 minutes to heat the peas through. Serve immediately.
Number of servings (yield): 2
Meal type: snack
Culinary tradition: USA (General)