Recipe: Veal Stroganoff Stew
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Mace — ground
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 2 pounds Veal — 1″ cubes
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable oil
- 2 cans Beef broth (10 1/2 oz each)
- 4 medium Potatoes — cubed
- 1 medium onion — chopped
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms — halved
- 8 ounces sour cream
- In a plastic bag or shallow pan, combine flour, salt, mace and pepper. Coat veal cubes with flour mixture.
- Heat in oil in slow cooker or skillet on top of range over medium heat. Add veal cubes and brown. Transfer to heating unit or to slow cooker. Add all remaining ingredients, except sour cream, to slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook at setting #3 in West Bend, or low, and cook for 7 – 9 hours…OR at high or setting #5 in West Bend for 3 – 4 hours until meat and vegetables are tender. Just before serving, stir in sour cream.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)