Recipe: Vegan Aloo Rasdar
- 6 lg Potatoes, cut into about
- -6 to 8 chunks each. 2 c Fresh or frozen green peas,
- -the smaller the better 3 md Sized tomatoes, chopped
- 2 md Sized onions, diced
- 2 Green chili peppers, chopped
- ——SPICES & FLAVOURINGS——
- 1/2 ts Turmeric powder
- 1/2 ts Cayenne pepper powder
- 1 ts Garam masala powder
- 1 Clove garlic
- A few stalks of cilantro -and assorted herbs Lemon concentrate Salt
- 1 tb Vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 c Water
- 1. Pressure cook potato chunks and peas for about 6 minutes. 2. Dice
- onions, chop ginger, green chili and garlic
- Heat a little oil, add onions and saute till golden. Add chopped ginger, chopped garlic and chopped green chili now and saute’. 4. Add turmeric powder, cayenne pepper powder and garam masala powder.
- Stir continuously until thoroughly mixed. 5. Add chopped tomatoes. Saute until tomato pieces are wilted. 6. Add potatoes, peas from pressure cooker. Top with 1-and-1/2 cups of water. Add salt according to your taste.
- Simmer on low heat until gravy thickens slightly. 7. Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro, squeeze a few drops of lemon juice and serve hot.
Number of servings (yield): 2
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)