Recipe: Vegetable Cutlets
- 2 c Minced red or yellow pepper
- Or a mixture of both 2 tb Olive oil
- 1 1/2 c Grated carrots (4 carrots)
- 1/2 lb Raw spinach, cleaned and chopped.(2 cups tightly Packed. REMOVE STEMS 1 lb Potatoes (3 med.) boiled & Mashed. (2 cups) 6 tb Grated raw onion (1 lrg.)
- 3 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 ts Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper 1 c Matzoh meal
- Vegetable oil to fry. Saute the peppers in the olive oil until soft . Add ALL the remaining ingredients EXCEPT the vegetable oil. Let mixture stand for 30 mins. or overnight.
- Bring to room temperature when ready to cook. Use 1/4 cup of mixture for each patty. Drain on paper towels. OR These can also be baked. Place on lightly greased baking sheet and put in preheated 350 degree oven for about 10 mins.
- Turn the patties and bake for another 7 to 10 minutes. Makes about 40 patties.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: Indian (Northern)