Recipe: Vegetable Miso Soup
- 6 c Water
- 6 tb White miso
- 3/4 lb Fresh peas; shelled, -OR-
- 3 c -(thawed) frozen peas
- 3 Green onions, with tops
- — thinly sliced 1 Jalapeno pepper; seeded
- — sliced into thin rings 1 Garlic clove; minced
- 1 md Piece dulse; finely chopped
- 2 ts Freshly squeeze lemon juice
- 1/4 ts Hot sesame oil
- Put 1 cup of the water and the miso in a small bowl and stir together. In a large pot, combine the remaining 5 cups water, the peas, green onions, jalapeno pepper, and garlic.
- Cover and bring to a boil over medium-hight heat, then immediately reduce the heat and simmer for 3 minutes. Stir in the miso mixture, dulse, lemon juice, and hot sesame oil.
- Bring barely to a simmer over medium-high heat. Serve immediately.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: Chinese