Recipe: Vegetable Soup – Hasa
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped into small pieces 1 large onion
- chopped 2 cloves garlic
- crushed 2 Tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced into 1/2-inch cubes 4 medium tomatoes,
- chopped 1 cup finely chopped coriander leaves
- 7 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Heat oil in a saucepan; then stir-fry carrots, onion, garlic, and ginger over medium heat for 8 minutes.
- Add potatoes, tomatoes, and coriander leaves and stir-fry for another 5 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and bring to boil.
- Cover and simmer over medium-low heat for I hour or until vegetables are well-done.
- A touch of ginger adds a lot to this soup.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)