Recipe: Vegetarian Tamale Filling
- 2 c Sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 c Shredded swiss or white
- Cheddar cheese 2/3 c Chopped black olives
- 2/3 c Chopped pine nuts
- 2 Onions, chopped
- 8 cl Garlic
- 2 tb Dried oregano
- 2 ts Ground cumin
- 1 cn Whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cn (4-oz each) green chilies,
- Chopped 2 ts Olive oil
- Vegetarian Tamale Filling Use the food processor (if you can) to grate the cheese.
- Also, I chopped the onions and the garlic in the food processor.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: Mexican