Recipe: Velvet Chicken And Sweet Corn Soup
- 1/2 lb Boneless chicken breasts cut into 1/4″ strips Marinade
- 2 Egg whites, beaten
- 2 tb Cornstarch
- 1/8 ts Salt
- Deep fry 3 c Peanut oil 8Assembly 17 oz Can creamed corn
- 3 c Chicken stock
- 1 tb Light soy sauce
- Salt & pepper to taste Sesame oil Cut the chicken and pat dry on paper towels. Mix with the egg-white marinade and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan or wok to between 280 and 300 degrees, no hotter. Deep-fry the chicken strips in the oil just until they are barely tender.
- They will not brown. Heat the creamed corn along with the soup stock and light soy. When hot add the chicken and season to taste with the salt and pepper.
- Add the sesame oil drops to garnish and serve.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: Chinese