Recipe: Very Simple Mushroom Soup
- 1 tsp each of salt and sugar
- 1 tbl soy sauce
- 4-5 scallions
- sliced thin and 1/3 cup shoestring potatoes.
- Clean mushrooms well. Barely cover with water in a saucepan. Turn the heat on and cover the pot with a tight fitting lid.
- When the water comes to a boil, turn it down to a simmer for 10 minutes. The mushrooms will have given off their liquid and literally made their own soup.
- For every 2 cups of liquid, add 1 tsp each of salt and sugar and 1 tbl soy sauce. Add 4-5 scallions, sliced thin and 1/3 cup shoestring potatoes.
- The soup is finished when the potatoes are cooked.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)