Recipe: Wedding Soup
- 1 pk Soup bone
- 2 pk Beef Shank (cross cuts)
- 1 pk Soup vegetables
- 1 cn Whole tomatoes
- Parsley flakes Salt and pepper 1/2 lb Macaroni soup mac
- 1 Onion
- Boil water, soup bone, meat (as much as you like), and onion (cut in half). Fill pan (largest pan you have) 3/4 full. Bring to a slow boil and cook for hours over low.
- After water boils, add vegetables (use frozen or add fresh carrots and celery), parsley flakes, tomatoes, salt and pepper. Cook macaroni separately and add to soup prior to serving.
- With ground meat, make meat balls as normal and add them directly into soup. Cook along with soup for hours but make meatballs very small.
- Serve soup in bowl with grated parmasan cheese sprinkled on top. Soup is very filling with meatballs, macaroni and meat.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: Italian