Recipe: Wild Mushroom Pumpkin Soup
- 1/3 c Dried mushrooms
- (porcini and shiitake) 1 c Hot water
- 1 tb Olive oil
- 1 lg Onion, finely chopped
- 1 c Sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 c Vegetable stock
- 2 c Cooked or canned pumpkin
- 1/4 ts Nutmeg
- 1/4 ts Salt
- 1 ts Tamari
- 1/4 ts Black pepper
- Minced fresh parsley Minced fresh chives Soak dried porcini and shiitake mushrooms in hot water for 20 minutes.
- Chop rehydrated mushrooms and reserve soaking liquid. Saute chopped onion and sliced fresh mushrooms and soaking liquid and vegetable stock.
- Add pumpkin, nutmeg, salt or tamari and black pepper. Cook over medium heat and stir until heated through.
- Garnish with parsley and chives.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)