Recipe: Winter Squash, Apple And Walnut Soup
- 24 oz Frozen pureed winter squash
- (butternut), defrosted 2 tb Unsalted butter or margarine
- 1 c Unsweetened applesauce
- 1 c Light cream
- 1 1/2 c Chicken stock
- 1/4 c Ground toasted walnuts
- 2 ts Dried chervil; crumbled
- 1/2 ts Ground mace
- Salt White pepper 1/2 c Toasted walnut pieces
- For garnish COMBINE ALL THE INGREDIENTS except the walnuts to be used for garnish in a large saucepan and stir to blend well.
- Cook the soup over medium heat until warmed through, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and add a few chopped walnut pieces in the center.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)