Recipe: Working Person’S Crockpot Country Pork Dinner
- 3 pound pork loin country-style ribs, cut into serving pieces
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pound red potatoes, small
- 16 oz carrots, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 each onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 each cabbage, small, shredded
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- All preparation can be done the night before and assembled in the morning before leaving for work so you’ll be greeted with a hearty supper at the end of the day.
- In a large plastic bag combine flour, salt and pepper. Drop meat into bag and coat pork loin country-style ribs with flour mixture; reserve leftover flour.
- In large skillet over med-high heat, in hot salad oil, cook meat, a few pieces at a time, until well browned on all sides, removing pieces as they brown.
- Reduce heat to medium, into drippings in skillet, stir reserved flour until blended. Gradually stir in apple cider. Simmer to thicken to gravy. Remove from heat and set aside. In 6 qt crockpot add potatoes, carrots, onions and cabbage.
- Sprinkle with caraway seeds. Top with meat. Pour on gravy. Cover crockpot and cook on high for 6 hours or low for 8-10 hours.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)