Recipe: Ziti With Spicy Pesto Pantesco And Locatelli
- 1/2 cup mint leaves, — picked over
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, — picked over
- 1 cup parsley, — picked over
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons capers, — rinsed and drained
- 4 medium plum tomatoes, — roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt 1 pound ziti pasta, — preferably Italian
- 1 cup freshly grated Locatelli Pecorino
- Bring 6 quarts water to boil and add 2 tablespoons salt.
- In a blender, place mint, basil, parsley, garlic, capers, tomatoes, black pepper, red pepper and half the olive oil.
- Process in short bursts until roughly chopped. Turn blender on full and drizzle in remaining oil and process until smooth, about 1 minute. Remove pesto and place in a large serving bowl.Cook pasta according to package instructions until just al dente and drain well.
- Toss drained pasta in the serving bowl and toss like a salad to coat. Sprinkle with grated ocatelli and serve.
Number of servings (yield): 6
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)