Recipe: Caribou Stew
- 2 lb Caribou (Boneless)
- Flour; for dredging Salt and pepper to taste Oil; for browning meat 1/2 c White Wine
- 1/8 c Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 c Lentils
- 4 Small potatoes, quartered
- 1 Carrot; peeled and sliced
- 1 Celery rib; chopped
- 1/2 c Parsnip or turnip; diced
- 1 Jalapeno pepper, diced
- 2 md Banana peppers, chopped
- 1 Bay leaf
- Spices and herbs to taste Dredge meat in seasoned flour and brown in a frying pan with a little oil.
- Transfer to a large sauce pan or crockpot, add the rest of the ingredients with enough water to cover.
- Simmer for 2 hours on low or 10 hours in the crockpot. Adjust seasonings and serve.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)