Recipe: Crockpot Applesauce With Cranberries (Vegan)
- 10-12 each apples
- 1-2 cup cranberry juice
- 1/2 each lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoon sugar or up to 1/4cup if you want it sweet
- 1/4-1/2 cup dried cranberries or craisins (sweetened dried cranberries)
- Wash the apples and chop them up without peeling. Squeeze lemon juice over them as you cut them.
- Put apples in crockpot with cranberry juice (use 1 cup if you want the applesauce thick, more if you want it thin).
- Stir in sugar to suit your taste. Let apples stew on low for 6-8 hours. About an hour or two before serving, stir in cranberries or craisins. The applesauce is a very pretty pink and the cranberries & juice give it a nice zing.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)