Recipe: Crockpot Dumpling Soup
- 1 pound beef stew meat, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 pk lipton’s onion soup mix
- 6 cup hot water
- 2 each carrots, peeled, shredded
- 1 each celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1 each tomato, peeled, chopped
- 1 cup biscuit mix
- 1 tablespoon parsley, fresh, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoon milk
- In crockpot, sprinkle beef with dry onion soup mix. Pour hot water over meat. Stir in carrots, celery and tomato.
- Cover and cook on low 4-6 hours or until meat is tender. Turn control to high. In a small bowl, combine biscuit mix with parsley. Stir in milk with fork until mixture is moistened.
- Drop dumpling mixture into crockpot with a teaspoon. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)