Recipe: Crockpot Lentil-Kale Soup
- 1 cup lentils
- 7 cup water
- 4 cup kale or spinach or chard, chopped into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 each onion, chopped
- 1 each celery stalk, chopped
- 3 each tomatoes, chopped
- 1 each carrot, chopped
- 3 tablespoon parsley, fresh, chopped
- 1 each bay leaf (remove before eating)
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme, ground
- 1-2 tablespoon soy miso or worcestershire sauce
- 1 pepper, to taste
- Place the ingredients in a crockpot.
- Turn to low if leaving it for a long while.
- Serves 4-6. Comes out thick, almost like a stew.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: supper
Culinary tradition: USA (General)