Recipe: Crockpot Sweet/Sour Kraut With Pork Chops
- 2 each potatoes, washed, sliced
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup sauerkraut, rinsed, drained
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 each pork chops, thick, trimmed
- 1 pepper
- Put potatoes in crockpot. Top with chopped onion. Combine sauerkraut, (1 can) with brown sugar and pineapple juice. Spoon over potatoes.
- Top with pork chops which have been trimmed of fat. Season with pepper to taste. Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours.
- Serve with rye bread and microwave baked apples.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: snack
Culinary tradition: USA (General)