Recipe: Peanut Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 12 Chicken breasts, boned
- 1/2 c Peanut butter
- 1/8 c Honey
- 1 ts Cumin
- 1 tb Mint, dried
- 1 pk G. Washington’s Golden
- Bouillon mix Bone chicken breasts if needed, keeping meat as nearly intact as possible. (It’s much easier to rip the meat off the bones than any knifework I’ve tried to date.) Pull off shreds and gobbets.
- Put peanut butter, honey, cumin and mint in a bowl and mix well. Microwaving for 30 seconds or so thins it and makes it much easier to mix. Spread about 2 tsp of the peanut butter mix in a thin layer over each piece of breast meat. Place 1/12 of the shreds and gobbets on the breast and roll them up into a packet. Tie the packet shut with butcher’s twine or fasten with a toothpick. Arrange the twelve packets in layers in the crock pot, being careful not to let any fall open.
- Stir water in to the bowl with any remaining peanut butter and mix well. Add the packet of bouillon and pour over the chicken packets. Add water as needed to cover packets to a depth of at least one inch. Turn crock pot on high for 5 or 6 hours. Remove packets from pot and let drain on a platter.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)