Recipe: Pineapple Bread
- 2 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 each egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter, or margarine, melted
- 1 cup pineapple, crushed, drained
- 1 cup dates, chopped
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine egg, milk, butter, pineapple, dates and nuts with a wooden spoon. Stir fruit mixture into dry ingredients until moistened.
- Pour into well-greased and floured bread ‘n cake pan, cover. Place in slow cooker. Cover and bake on High 3-4 hours or until tested done with a wooden pick. Remove pan and uncover.
- Let stand for 5 minutes. Unmold on cake rack. To store, wrap in aluminum foil and refrigerate. Recipe suitable for 3-1/2 or 5 quart slow cooker.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)