Recipe: Polish Baked Pork Loin
- 2 tb My seasoning (follows)
- 4 lb Bone-in or boneless pork-loi-n roast Flour, all purpose 3 tb Vegetable oil
- 2 Med onions; chopped
- 3 Granny smith apples
- 1 c Apple juice
- 3 tb Brown sugar
- 1 ts Ground ginger
- Peeled, shredded or sliced thin THIS IS AN EXCELLANT PORK ROAST (PIECZONA POLEDWICA WIEPRZOWA) Pat roast dry. Cover with My Seasoning. Let stand 15 minutes. Sprinkle roast with flour until evenly coated. Preheat oven to 325F. degrees (165C). Heat oil in a large skillet. Add roast; cook over medium-high heat until browned on all sides. Place browned roast in a deep baking dish.
- Add onions to skillet cooking juices; saute’ over medium heat until tender. Remove from heat. Stir apples into onions, add brown sugar and ginger; spoon mixture over roast. Add water to the bottom of baking dish. Cook, uncovered 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until tender. Baste every 20 minutes, adding enough water to make sure at least 1 cup cooking juices remains in baking dish throughout cooking time.
- When done, remove meat and strain cooking juices. Slice meat and serve hot with side dish of strained juices. CROCKPOT: Layer apples and onions mixture on bottom of crock-pot. Add roast. Mix apple juice or water (use only 1/4 cup) with brown sugar and ginger.
- Spoon over top surface of roast, moistening well. Cover and cook on low setting 8-10 hours or until done. NOTE: For Crock-Pot use only 1/4 cup liquid. My Seasoning: 1 part garlic powder, 1 part onion powder, and one half part ground pepper. Mix well before adding to recipe.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)