Recipe: Pork Roast With Fennel And Sage
- 3 pound pork, loin roast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoon sage, fresh, chopped
- 2 each fennel, bulbs, sliced cross-wise
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup wine, dry, white
- Have butcher cut roast through most of bone to form individual chops. Trim off most of fat. If necessary, tie roast to hold it together. Sprinkle top and sides with salt, pepper, and fresh sage.
- Place on rack in slow cooker; top with fennel. Cover and cook on Low 7-8 hours. Remove roast and most of fennel; keep warm. Turn slow-cooker on High. Dissolve cornstarch in wine. Stir into drippings.
- Cover and cook on High 25-30 minutes or until thickened. Stir once or twice. To serve, cut into chops. Spoon fennel over chops, then sauce over all.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (Southwestern)