Recipe: Pot Roast – Crockpot
- 1 pound beef, chuck roast, trimmed
- 1 each onion soup mix, package
- 2 1/2 cup water
- 1 each onion, sliced
- 1 each carrot, cut into 3 pieces
- 2 each celery, chopped
- 1 each garlic, clove
- 2 each potatoes, red
- Brown the meat and the vegetables, for the gravy to have more flavor, although it’s not necessary. Place the meat into the crockpot, then the vegetables; sprinkle on the onion soup mix and pour water over the top. Cover and cook on Low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Once the meat is done, if you want to thicken the gravy, remove the meat and vegetables from the pot and place them on a serving platter. Mix together 2 tablespoons flour and 2-3 tablespoons water to make a paste; whisk the paste into the hot liquid until thickened.
- You may want to put the temperature on High when you make the gravy. Freeze the leftovers or make other dishes with it (burritos, noodle casseroles, enchiladas, etc).
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)