Recipe: Provencal Beef Stew
- 1 1/4 pounds Beef stew meat
- 4 slices Bacon — 1″ pcs
- 1 Jar brown gravy — (18 ounces)
- 1 Can diced peeled tomatoes — (14 1/2 ounces) with juice 1 teaspoon Dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 pound Baby carrots
- 8 New red potatoes — quarter
- 2 small Onions — cut in eighths
- 1 Pk fresh whole mushrooms — (8 ounces)
- In medium skillet over med-high heat, cook beef and bacon until beef is browned; drain. In 3-1/2 to 4 qt crockpot combine gravy, tomatoes, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Add beef, bacon and remaining ingredients; stir gently to combine. Cover; cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or until meat and veggies are tender.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)