Recipe: Ribs And Kraut For Crockpot
- 1 each sauerkraut, 32 oz can
- 1/4 cup white wine or vermouth
- 2 tablespoon flour
- 2 pound spareribs, country style
- 1 pepper, to taste
- Rinse and drain sauerkraut in a collander. Rinse well with cold water. Squeeze excess water out with hands. Place in crockpot. Add 2 tb. flour and the 1/2 c wine or dry vermouth.
- Mix with fork. Put the ribs on top of the sauerkraut. Season with pepper. Cook on low setting 6-12 hours, or less on high setting.
- Variation – Add sliced peeled apples to the saurkraut. Also can substitute pork chops for ribs. May wish to brown first, if fatty.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: German